March 16, 2011

Technology in the Classroom #6

Today in my practicum technology was used a lot. The students watched another video from Brain Pop that was projected from the computer on to the board. Some students were on the computers on a program called compass. I am not exactly sure what it is but from what I could see they were playing math related skill games. A camera was used today because my cooperating teacher is going through KTIP and has to record a lesson. During this lesson she used excel to make a pie graph of an experiment the class was doing, this was also projected onto the board. She followed with a PowerPoint. I really enjoyed seeing so much technology being used. The students seemed to be more interested in this lesson than any other one I have observed. Even though she used a lot of technology she did it in a way that was not overwhelming to the students which is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment